July is high tourist season in Bordeaux and as such accommodation is typically highly sought after. Our advice is to book accommodation early!
There are a range of accommodation options located either conveniently within walking distance of the conference centre or in downtown Bordeaux, the conference site being located 20 minutes on public transport from Bordeaux centre.
* There are several options to stay on-site, five hotels have reserved rooms for IUPAC participants:
There are also rooms reserved at the hotel Apolonia. Please contact the hotel directly , indicating the code CONGRES IUPAC 2014, either by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone : +33 5 56 50 50 00.
- Price for 1 or 2 persons: 55 €
- Breakfast: 9 €/person/day
- + tourist tax: 1.10 €/day/person
* For those who prefer to stay in downtown Bordeaux, a number of hotels and residences are available. The Bordeaux tourist office ("Office de tourisme de Bordeaux") offers a search engine to aid reservation of accommodation, which is available in nine languages:
Among a wealth of choices of hotels, which can be located through various internet search engines or dedicated commercial sites, some medium-priced downtown Bordeaux hotels include:
- Hotel Clemenceau (single room: 70 €, dble room for 1 person: 76 €, dble room for 2 persons: 82 €, these prices include breakfast) + tourist tax: 1.10 €/day/person
- Hotel Continental (single room: 95 €, dble room: 110 €, these prices include breakfast) + tourist tax: 1.10 €/day/person
- Hotel Acanthe
- Hotel Gambetta
- Quality Inn, St. Catherine
- Les Quatre Soeurs
- Hotel de l’Opéra
* For the slightly more adventurous (and small groups / families) an economical option is the wonderful 4-star camping complex "Le Village du Lac" nearby the conference site, which offers self-catering bungalows, swimming pool and possibility to make BBQs: